Thursday, May 3, 2012

Little Green Bookshelf

Well I finally painted that little bookshelf I got last fall Summer???...I can't even remember when I purchased it!!  But I do remember I got a great deal on it ...$3.00 at the GW!!  :)


So here is what it looked like before...just a plain, boring, beat-up, dark brown stain...


I already had a little "tester" jar of Martha Stewart Paint in Salvia...
So I deiced to add some Plaster of Paris to it...making my own Chalk Paint,
(2/3 paint to 1/3 Pof P plus a little warm water to thin it a tad)




After letting the paint dry for about a week or two (did I mention I have a hard time finding time to craft)...I added the word read with these VERY OLD Stencils my mom had given me...Well the paint ran under the stencils and some of the cardboard stuck to the case when I took them off (not sure stenciling is my thing), plus I probably should have watered my paint down some.
Hmmmm...


So I deiced to hit it hard with sand paper and see if that helped


Yup...it did!!  :)

I then waxed it with Briwax in Golden Oak and considered it done!!!
Yea!


Now on to other projects...
(right after I link up to those awesome parties on my side bar).
Thanks for stopping by!!
Denise

7 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job! I am a sunday school teacher and you just gave me a cute shelf idea! :)

    There is a link party going on in my blog today. I would LOVE for you to share this :)
    http://myricandreasen.blogspot.com/2012/05/link-party-and-give-away.html

    xoxo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out really cute, despite the problems along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great! I love that you made your own chalk paint, and you totally turned lemons into lemonade with the stencil :). I never would have known you ran into a problem with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent solution! Turned out great. Thanks so much for sharing at Etcetorize~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo adorable.. love the shabby look to it!
    I am hosting an under 300 followers blog hop, hope you stop by and join in the fun!
    http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2012/05/under-300-followers-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!