Monday, February 27, 2012

Knitted Neck Warmer Pattern


I just realized how long it has been sense I've posted any knitting...(Probably because I haven't had much time to knit)...  :(
Anyway, I thought I would share my pattern for a VERY Easy Neck Warmer....


Because this is the pattern I use for my beginner knitters the instructions are for Garter Stitch (Knit every row) but it looks lovely in both Stockinette and my favorite a Basket Stitch.
You can make it as thick or thin as you like just by casting on more or less stitches...It really is simple!




DENISE’S SIMPLE NECK WARMER:

 
This neck warmer is so easy and yet so well received you’ll want to make one for every one you know!


MATERIALS:


1 skein Heavy worsted or Bulky weight yarn…I love Sensations, ANGEL HAIR it’s inexpensive and oh so soft!! (I get it at Joann’s but they don’t always have).


1 size 10 (US) circular needles

 
CAST ON 15 STITCHES


Knit every row until piece measures 24” or desired length.


TO MAKE RUFFLE:


In the next row loosely knit into the front and the back of every stitch


Turn and repeat for next row


Bind off





I put decorative buttons on the outside and then sew small buttons under them (these can slip through the knitted fabric so you don't have to make button holes)...This way you can adjust the fit of your neck warmer and change the way you wear it.

The other option is to make a pin to match...again this gives you he opportunity to wear your neck warmer
in several different ways.

Give it a try...I bet you can't make just one!!!
Thanks for visiting!
Denise
PS:  I will be linking up to many of the parties on my side bar.  :)

7 comments:

  1. These are too cute! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so pretty! Great job!

    We'd love to have you share again at Wayward Weekend: http://www.waywardgirlscrafts.com/2012/03/wayward-weekend-week-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty! Makes me wish I knew how to knit. I might have to try something similar with my spool knitter. Thanks for linking up at Etcetorize~

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY, wish I could knit because I would make a bunch of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday at Very Merry Vintage Style!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me.
    buff neck gaiter

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!