Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer Finds...

Our summer so far  here in Poulsbo has been anything but spectacular...We still haven't got the part for the Wake Board Boat..The weather has for the most part been...DREARY, (we are lucky to get above 70)...my oldest has Mono and his races keep getting canceled due to rain...
But on the up side...I have had a great time shopping at the Good Will...
So I thought I would share a few of my finds...
I got this tray the other day, before it had even been put on the shelf...
I think it's Silver Plated, but don't know for sure and for that part don't even know how to tell....
Although...truth is it doesn't really matter to me I-LOVE-IT!!

These are the markings it has on the back...If any of you know what that means I would love to hear from you!
I think my favorite thing about it...other than it's weight (It's nice and heavy), is the feet it has on the bottom...to give it just that little bit of lift.


I don't think you can tell from this picture but you can kind-of see that the stamped design shows slightly on the bottom of the tray too.

Anyway on to my glass finds.....
One of the days Garrets race was canceled Autumn and I discovered the G. W. in Shelton....now we always try to leave in time to stop there!!!  (My son race's cars and often competes at Grays Harbor Raceway, in Elma Wa.).   Prices are considerably less than the one at home...the first time we stopped Autumn got a Wet-Suit for $13.00...They run around $30.00 at ours which I find ridicules!!!

Last time we visited I found this lovely glass set with two large bowls and four smaller ones.
I also picked up a candle stick...Thinking I would glue it on the bottom a larger bowl...giving it a pedestal...but now I'm not sure.

What do you think?

And what about my tray any idea on its make or worth....I payed $10.00 for it.

As always thanks for stopping By!
Denise
I am linking to these wonderful party's:






Unknown Mami

6 comments:

  1. Denise, that tray is fabulous!!!! I would try using descriptive words for the markings and google it. The first symbol looks familiar... Good stuff! Love your finds. Thanks for linking up to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness - - - school's gonna be starting back up soon and it doesn't sound like you've even HAD summer yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're one of the few places in the nation that isn't falling over from the heat. I hope you get some great days real soon.

    Try Googling Silver Hallmarks and I'm sure you will find the markings that way. I did a quick look and you can easily weed out whole sections of hallmarks just with a glance. What a great deal on the tray though. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore your gorgeous tray!! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love finding new Goodwills. The ones where I live have gotten too expensive. You found some great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Denise! Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I featured this post today at the party! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Autumn

Autumn
Autumn modeling a hat I knit for my etsy shop...What energy!!